Thursday, June 08, 2006

anything

Isabella didn’t sleep well last night. That worries me because her cry sounded fearful, almost like she’d had a bad dream. Good came out of this in that she and I got to spend some extra time together this morning, just the two of us.
My girl loves to read :) and frequently goes over to her shelf of books and grabs one. This morning, she was reaching at her children’s Bible but it was in too tight to get at so I had to help her. Since we were up and it was quiet, we decided to have our devotions together. We read the story of Joshua and the walls of Jericho.
As her children’s Bible finishes each story it does so with a prayer. Today’s prayer was, “God, I know you can do anything.”
I prayed that together with my one year old daughter in my lap hoping with all my heart that she will grasp the depth of that truth and embrace a relationship with our omnipotent creator.
I prayed that prayer realising that I don’t always believe God can do anything. If I did, I would be much less confident in my own abilities instead choosing to rest in His strength. Don’t get me wrong, I want to believe God can do anything. It’s just, there are times when my life says that I believe God can do lots of things but not everything.
As I got to the office this morning I prayed that I would respond accordingly to what God might say to me today. He has spoken, now may my life become a testimony of the omnipotence of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home