Friday, December 08, 2006

Just

Tonight, our youth group begins a series on the theme of justice. It's been on my mind and in my heart to do something along these lines since Cbass brought up the idea about a year ago. He'd been reading a book on the subject and made some very stirring and convicting comments about how easy it is to look the other way.

Our first look at justice is through the eyes of pain, specifically the thoughts of David in Psalm 119. I have no intent of giving many answers tonight; I'd much rather pose a lot of questions about ourselves and our world.

As we progress through the series, we will broaden the scope of our "frames" a little more each week. Tonight, pain and justice in our lives. Why are we, like I said in a previous post, more concerned with fairness than love? Deep down, do we think people really do get what they deserve? Why?

This will be a heavy night for us I'm sure. That's okay. Justice or lack thereof is heavy. Maybe that's why I'm so afraid to really dig into it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes. How are you teaching the subject? Any practical applications? I always wanted to take some kids to the court to watch justice being dispensed (something I got to experience with one youth who got into some trouble). If you're interested I can tell you more.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home