Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The week

It's been too long since I've posted. I've had lots of thoughts and things I needed to think through in written form but just haven't done it. So here's a recap of the week:

1. Melissa and Isabella left very early this morning for the states. They'll be gone just over three weeks and I'm already lonely.
2. I finished "The Cost of Discipleship" last week. Easily one of the three best (non Bible) books I've ever read. Deep, slow going at times but thoroughly convicting and challenging.
3. Shaved almost an hour off our 20km hike/run time. I doubt that will happen again but it was good. Now I just have to get two 10km runs in during the week.
4. Started a series with our youth on Listening to God. I'm really excited about this because of all I'm learning as I prepare for it. The first night went well. This week, our attention is on silence.
5. One of our students that's really been struggling has just blown me away lately. The guy is deep. I love watching him explore God and ask questions along the journey. I'm so proud of him.

It was a long and very good week. This week will be different. More reading, more exercise and more silence.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Blackjack Game said...

The amusing information

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home