Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fright

My home phone rang last night at 2:30 in the morning. I wasn't able to get to it in time, thus sending my mind spinning. Then, about 5 minutes later it rang again. Mind going nuts, I rushed to pick up the phone wondering what could be wrong. With Melissa and Izzy travelling yesterday, you can imagine my state of mind.

When I finally picked up I was greeted by a Cantonese speaker. I repeatedly asked if they spoke any English (usually they'll speak a little) but got nothing but more Canto. Another woman came on and did more of the same. At this point, I hung up confident that whatever was going on really didn't involve me.

Who calls anyone at 2:30 in the morning if it's not an emergency? Further, when the answering machine comes on in English, why call back if you already know you won't be able to communicate?

As far as I know, my family is just fine. That didn't ease my mind at all through the evening and obviously, sleep wasn't easy to come by after that. To fill the time, I watched the Matrix.

The moral of the story: Phones ring. It just not might be for you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home